Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November Challenge: Bread


Posted by - Rena

Happy November! This month's challenge is to make bread. You can make rolls, loaves, focaccia, croissants or any variation of bread you like.

I have tried many times to make bread and the consistency always seemed wrong but then I was at a friend's house and she made bread in a bread maker. It tasted the same and had a similar texture. I think I'm used to mass produced breads which is a bad thing. I've been dying to try this recipe I found on Steamy Kitchen. I have a weakness for garlic so I'm sure you'll be seeing garlic pop up in my bread.

Since Thanksgiving is this month, I thought it would be timely to make some sort of bread to go with the meal. Maybe pumpkin bread? Hmm...

Happy Kneading (or not)!

8 comments:

Colleen said...

mmmmm....i could make pumpkin challah again but the point is to make something new...must research.
i didn't make my OWN challenge last month! what a loser!

Michele said...

Excited to join in! I've been MIA. So busy working full time. Wish I could stay home and cook and bake. :(

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! Love bread!

Unknown said...

How do I get in on this monthly challenge? Going to explore the site now. Of course I posed the question BEFORE I bothered to look, I do everything backwards :) By the way, I've made the no knead bread in the picture, it's AMAZING!!!!

Emily said...

i love this bread! it looks wonderful!

nice to find you :)
kisses from Romania!

beti said...

It took me years to make perfect bread! it is really hard but I think I'm quite good at it now

prettymeggy said...

I'm sure this taste good! thanks for the link hopefully i could try this at home. greetings from Italy. I'm now your new follower. xoxo, Haus of Gala

kyleen said...

Ooh I'm excited to try my hand at bread. I actually bought a bread-making recipe book but I haven't had time to make anything. Now I have an excuse (: