Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Challenge: Pound Cake

Posted by - Michelle S

I haven't participated in Have the Cake in awhile. I feel bad. I decided the May Challenge would be Pound Cake. That's only because there are so many varieties of pound cake recipes out there.

I just read that pound cake received its name for the "original formulation: a pound each of sugar, flour, butter and eggs." Hmm...

I'm curious to see all the different kinds of pound cakes made will be! I promise I will post for my own turn this month! Happy Baking!

My personal favorite pound cake that I have made is Paula Deen's Chocolate Chip Pound Cake. It was very moist and really, really delicious!


The Recipe is as follows:

Ingredients:

4 eggs
1 1/2 cups water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 package butter recipe cake mix
One 3.4 oz package instant vanilla pudding mix
One 3.4 oz package instant chocolate pudding mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
6 oz chocolate chips
confectioners' sugar for dusting

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a tube pan or bundt pan.

In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, water and vanilla by hand. Stir in the cake mix and pudding mixes. Slowly add the butter and oil, and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared pan.

Bake for 50-60 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a cake plate. Sift confectioners' sugar over the cake, or drizzle chocolate sauce over it, if desired.

Some others I have made are:



2 comments:

girls who like to gorge said...

That looks absolutely wonderful! Lovelyyy! :D xxx

Chaya said...

Beautiful cake. I am going to make this as soon as possible so I don't miss another month. Thanks for the pound cake. My husband loves these.