Tuesday, May 31, 2011

No fail Pound Cake

Posted by - Vivian


So sorry for the late post... May has not been the kindest month to us. Had a break from health problems and so I caught up a bit on my challenges. First up was making my pound cake and I found an intriguing recipe on Allrecipes.com that used the addition of cake mix. Now,generally cake mixes are not my go to item unless I need something done ASAP. However, I recently made a wedding cake and found an awesome recipe using cake mix. It was so successful that I just had to try this recipe for No fail Pound Cake - big hit! I mean, this was a massive huge hit for my family. I did make a few minor adjustments (no surprise there!) but here goes...



No Fail Pound Cake
by Patsy with adjustments by me (in italic)




  • 1/2 cup butter

  • 1 cup white sugar

  • 3 eggs

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract I used 2 teaspoons of vanilla bean paste instead of the extracts

  • 1 teaspoon lemon extract omitted

  • 2/3 cup water

  • 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix I used Betty Crocker Super Moist Butter Recipe, Yellow

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour




Directions



  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.

  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and lemon extract (or in my case the vanilla bean). Beat in water and sour cream. Beat in the cake mix and flour. Pour batter into prepared pan.

  3. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean( mine took just under an hour). Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.

No comments: