Thursday, May 2, 2013

May Challenge: Bundt Cake

Posted by -  Dorrie

Happy Spring everyone!  I'm guest posting this month for Rena, who is extremely busy these days!

Hopefully, despite the weather warming up and the trees in bloom, you'll want to stay inside for a few moments to complete this month's challenge: bundt cake.

(photo is from Tumblr - nakakagutom)

Here in the U.S., bundt cakes are made in ring molds, but for which there is no specific cake recipe.  The shape is similar to the European Gugelhupf or the German Bundkuchen, which are brioche-like fruit cakes. 

Bundt cakes are beautiful and require only a little frosting or glazing, but are a little work up front as the pan needs a lot of butter and flour in order to have the cake come out clean.  Because of their height bundt cakes are often fun to fill with pudding or fruit fillings, but this can be tricky!  (Hence that's part of the challenge!)

Since bundt cakes can come in all flavors, varieties and fillings I look forward to seeing where your taste buds lead you with this challenge.  Happy Bundt Cake baking!








8 comments:

Magnolia Verandah said...

This one look gorgeous.

Unknown said...

This looks yummy! I would love for you to share at my Tried and True Recipe party: http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/05/tried-and-true-recipes-11.html

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

This bundt cake looks marvelous! A delicious afternoon treat.

Cheers,

Rosa

Kalyan said...

that's enticing and so simple to prepare...looks delicious!

mail4rosey said...

I have never made a successful bundt cake, but I do love to eat them. :)

Rosita Vargas said...

Se ve muy tentador muy sabroso y perfecto,abrazos y abrazos.

Loretta E. said...

My favorite part about bundt cakes is their simplicity (and still manage to look beautiful)! Reminds me that I need to keep my eyes open for a bundt pan...

Rosita Vargas said...

Me encanta su cake para Navidad lo harè pronto...còmo estàs'''?,abrazos.