Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dorie Makes Us Successful


Posted by - Chaya                                                                                                      
 Find recipe here.

Yep, I used Dorie's recipe from her book, "Baking from My Home to Yours."  The more, I bake from her book, the more, I love it.  I think that everyone should have a copy in her home.


I did pretty well with this until the end, when I was going to add the whipped cream and strawberries. The craggy tops cracked and basically fell apart. I managed to save one for the picture. The bottoms stood up admirably. I am not smart enough to figure this one out. I did think, I might have handled the dough too much but I was really careful about that.



Dorie has a chocolate version and I am game to take the challenge and make that one and see the results. In the meanwhile, I will show you my partially craggy shortcake with delicious whipped cream and fresh strawberries. So good.

Below are the tops that look fine. I think they are supposed to have cracks. Dorie has a good description in her book and she uses words like cracked, cratery and raggedy. This fits the bill except that they fell apart.
See those crumbs.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Mmm they look like they taste delicious even if they are seriously crumbly!

Anonymous said...

They look yummy Chaya!