Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mashed Potato Pie


















Posted by -Cindy
Surprisingly, this pie was actually good! When I read that we were making mashed potato pie, I must admit I was skeptical.

I did have to make a few changes. I didn't want to by booze just for a tablespoon of it, so I substituted lemon juice. I also used lemon juice in place of the vanilla. And of course, I used a graham cracker crust. I hate nutmeg and left that off and I didn't have nuts so those are missing too! :)
I tried to get the potatoes smooth with a mixer but was not completely successful.
If you closed your eyes and took a bite of this pie, you'd think you were biting into a custard pie.
It was tasty,creamy and very rich.

7 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Had savoury pies made with potatoes, but not the sweet type. I would love to try!

Simplyfood said...

Never heard of mash potato pie sounds very innovative.

Vivian Thiele said...

Great job on the adjustments! It is a very custard like pie. Thanks for taking part in the challenge!

Nithu said...

Sounds new to me. Looks good.

Sushma Mallya said...

Haven't tried this but tht looks perfect!

Anonymous said...

Your pie looks delicious! I made my pie and yes it does taste like a custard. It was pretty good, I must say.

Rena said...

Your pie look yummy! I'm glad it turned out well! :)