This is a really quick and simple recipe with lemons. I saw this on Me and My Sweets back in May this year and bookmarked it as I love lemon recipes. I made them in between packing so I couldn't find the right tin and used a foil takeaway container instead! It worked well though and although I didn't get a chance to try it, I was told it was delicious.
For the brownies
150g golden caster sugar (I reduced it from the original amount so you may need to add more if you have a sweet tooth)
1/4 teaspoon salt
2.5 teaspoon lemon zest (approximately 1.5 lemons)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
For the glaze
60g icing sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoon lemon zest (approximately 1/2 lemon)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Add flour, sugar, salt and softened butter to a bowl and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Pour into the flour mixture and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into a suitable baking dish and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze, mix all the ingredients together until smooth. You may want to add more lemon juice depending on the consistency required.
- Spread glaze evenly on top of the brownies and add some lemon zest if desired.