Lemon and Blueberry muffins
Recipe adapted from BBC Food
I found two recipes that looked really good...I couldn't decide so I made both. These were my husbands favorites. I had extra crumble left over from the other recipe so I put it on top of these mini muffins. I liked both muffins so I will keep both recipes in my GO TO binder.
Ingredients1/2 cup butter
1 cup self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar, plus 2 tsp for sprinkling
1/2 cup blueberries
1 tbsp lemon juicezest from 1 lemon
5fl oz lemon yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a 12-hole deep muffin tin with paper cases.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over a low heat then set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and stir in the sugar, blueberries and lemon zest. Make a well in the center.
- Beat the eggs with a whisk until smooth then beat in the yogurt, milk and melted butter until well combined. Stir into the flour mixture with a large metal spoon until very lightly mixed.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cases. Place a teaspoon of the lemon curd on top of each one and sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Bake for 20 minutes or until well risen and golden-brown. Serve warm or allow to cool on a wire rack. (The lemon curd will be very hot, so don’t eat as soon as they come out of the oven.)