Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Not my cake--but sharing anyway!

As mentioned, this is not my cake. It's my cousin's cake and yes, she's actually a baker who owns an actual bakery (The Flying Monkey in Reading Terminal Market). This is her new Pumpple Cake--apple and pumpkin pie baked into vanilla and chocolate cakes and held together with vanilla buttercream. It's taller than it is in diameter!



Anyway, the reason I am sharing is not only for inspiration, but because the Pumpple Cake is going to be featured on The Today Show this Friday (10/22) during the fourth hour--so you bakers can get extra inspiration and a few drool-worthy recipes!
I AM planning to make my layer cake, I promise! The little monster's birthday is on Tuesday and he's getting the layer cake of my choosing...

Posted by - Erin

6 comments:

Zoe said...

This cake is really good. Very professional made...you are lucky to have this cake and your cousin :D

Colleen said...

apple, pumpkin, vanilla, chocolate...yum!

Anonymous said...

I think I have died and gone to heaven!!!!! What a beauty! It looks so scrumptious my mouth is drooling!

Rena said...

This looks insane!

I gave you a little plug on twitter. :)

http://twitter.com/Rena_Gray/status/28369366335

Colleen said...

Excuse me, Erin-why don't we have SAMPLES at our next book club meeting?????

Erin said...

she ended up getting bumped from last friday's show, but thanks for the plug!

colleen, as you know, i wouldnt eat this cake because i have an aversion to pumpkin. and she lives in philly, otherwise i would totally bring samples!