Monday, July 11, 2011

Blue Cheese Almond Wafers





















Posted by - Michele






This month’s Have the Cake challenge was cheese crackers. Alot of people like Cheez Its. I am not one of those people. Well, I don’t really dislike them, but I don’t go crazy over them. I decided to go with this recipe made with blue cheese because I knew I had to like them! I found it in Southern Living All-Time Favorite Recipes.

This recipe would go great with a nice soup or stew, or really just a snack. The original title of the recipe was Blue Cheese-Walnut Wafers, but I don’t like walnuts. I decided to use slivered almonds instead. It was so easy to make. And I’m sure you could incorporate any cheese you wanted to. Thank you, Rena, for choosing this yummy challenge! Here is my recipe if you would like to try it!

Blue Cheese Almond Wafers

1 (4oz) package blue cheese, softened

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour

1/3 cup finely chopped almonds

1. Process first 3 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. (Mixture will be sticky) Spoon mixture into a bowl; stir in almonds. Cover and chill 5 minutes.

2. Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into an 8-inch log. Wrap in heavy-duty plastic wrap; chill 1 hour.

3. Slice dough into 1/4-inch thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheets.

4. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.

6 comments:

Donna Elick said...

What an interesting combination of flavors! Looks delicious!

Nana said...

Mmmmm, I bet they are delicious! :)

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Looks delicious...

Rock Kitaro said...

Very nice!!! Thanks for this!

Anonymous said...

Sounds so yummy and they look delicious!!! They would definitely be nice with soup!!

Vivian Thiele said...

blue cheese crackers sound very yummy!