Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Cake Late, & A Dollar Short


I am "A Cake Late, & A Dollar Short." Playing catch up since I didn't start the August Carrot Cake until Sunday, September 27. I enlisted the help of my husband, Tom to do the "intern" work. He was assigned the dry ingredients and grating carrots. I have to say that he did a good job AND did all the washing up.


The recipe was easy to follow and the only thing I would change is purchasing dates that were already pitted and chopped. I spent most of the time prepping so many dates to yield the half cup required. The cake turned out lovely. On Monday I took one-third of it to the office and it quickly disappeared. Tuesday morning only a 3x3 cube remains, thanks to Tom. It 's hard to believe that there's no sugar in the recipe. I did have several requests for the recipe as well.

3 comments:

Rena said...

I wonder why you had so much trouble with the dates? I mushed them up pretty quickly! Maybe the trick is to use fresh dates as opposed to dry? I don't know the difference anyway.

It looks lovely!

Katy ~ said...

Love carrot cake!

Sorry, but where's the recipe? I'm intrigued by the idea of this having dates in it.

Rena said...

Hi Katy - the recipe is here:

http://havethecake.blogspot.com/2009/08/bananas-and-carrots-and-dates-oh-my.html

You can also look in the blog archives under August Challenge.