Friday, January 22, 2010

Rugelach Schmoogelach

Posted by - Tina

Tomorrow, there will be 35 screaming 4 year olds with one less sweet to eat because of me.

Grrrr...

(But only a little grrr, honestly. They'll have loads of cupcakes, so my guilt is limited.)

I used Michelle's Rugelach suggestion of the pre-made pastry, and thought I'd get all creative and do chocolate chip and raspberry. Well, they don't have chocolate chips at my local grocery store (?!?!?!) but I just got a huge bar of chocolate and cut it up. Cool. Then I got raspberry conserve. Yum.

I tried the first batch of 12 rolling them like little croissants. I made the 2nd batch like little jelly rolls.

Both batches ooooozed all the raspberry right out of them, which quickly chrystallized and got hard and sticky.

I ate one cookie from each batch and decided that I shouldn't subject children and strangers to somewhat yummy but REALLY UGLY very chewy cookies.

This one really frustrates me because I liked making these. I think I may try this again with crushed fresh raspberries and dark chocolate squares.

But that batch I will not promise to anyone. :)

Here are the croissant shaped ones. eek.

8 comments:

Rena said...

That is the best post title ever! They don't look so bad. If you trimmed off the oozing bits, they look perfect! Sorry it wasn't a total success.

Colleen said...

mine were ugly too but they tasted sooooo good. of course, I also did not bring them to share at work as I had promised.

Dorrie said...

Oh poor Tina! A+ for effort! Now I'm scared about making mine with raspberry preserves I bought!
Better luck next time Tina!

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

Hey Tina,they dont look as bad honestly ,i mean not as bad as u say ,a little maybe ,but not too muc,me too had a little sticky jam around but i love the sticky jammy part....
But am sure next time round they'll be perfect....

Chats the Comfy Cook said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chats the Comfy Cook said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chats the Comfy Cook said...

A little less filling and they would be just right. Do not despair. They sound delicious.

Chats the Comfy Cook said...
This comment has been removed by the author.