Friday, December 24, 2010

Chistmas Eve Shortbread

Posted by - Nancy

By the time this morning rolled around I thought I had pushed my luck, and time, for baking my shortbread far enough. You see, I am now "full term", so once labor starts, there is no stopping it until the baby is here. And while I haven't had any signs of major labor yet, I have had some contractions. So, since my mom is here and my husband was home to help wrangle the toddler, I baked shortbread.

Shortbread

I decided to use the recipe I posted since people were getting such good results. And while I was missing some of the tools, the recipe did not disappoint. I did splurge on some good butter (European organic) and I had to make my own fine sugar (ground some in the spice grinder). Overall, I love this recipe and the texture of cookie it produced. I would love to use it again and add some embellishments to the recipe, but this batch will remain plain, especially since it is almost gone!

Shortbread!

2 comments:

Rena said...

Your shortbread looks delicious!

I wish you a very speedy delivery. :) Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Thank you, it is good!