Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Shortbread with Cranberries and Cinnamon

Posted by - vivian

Thanks Nancy for this awesome challenge.  My house smelled wonderful yesterday because of the absolutely heavenly cookie!  I followed the recipe Nancy gave with just a bit of my own little twist; I added dried cranberries, a bit of cinnamon, and topped with some raw sugar.  I followed the directions and added the cranberries(3/4 cup) at the end of the recipe. Right before baking I topped with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.  After I removed it from the oven I sprinkled some raw sugar over the top - it produced a nice little extra crunch. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! They look gorgeous! That would really make a lovely Holiday Gift and I am sure they are just as delicious! Well done!

Rena said...

Yum! I love cranberries and they sound perfect for shortbread. Enjoy!

Vittle me this... said...

sounds great for this season!

Colleen said...

Those sound scrumptious!!

Unknown said...

Yum, looks good. I am sure the "holiday smell" was well worth it! I need to get baking.

Danielle said...

Those look really good! I had no idea that you bake them that way. Thanks for the recipe.