Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Shortbread with Cranberries and Cinnamon

Posted by - vivian

Thanks Nancy for this awesome challenge.  My house smelled wonderful yesterday because of the absolutely heavenly cookie!  I followed the recipe Nancy gave with just a bit of my own little twist; I added dried cranberries, a bit of cinnamon, and topped with some raw sugar.  I followed the directions and added the cranberries(3/4 cup) at the end of the recipe. Right before baking I topped with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.  After I removed it from the oven I sprinkled some raw sugar over the top - it produced a nice little extra crunch. 

7 comments:

Angela/Soap Mom's Kitchen/Sutherland Soap Creamery said...

Wow! They look gorgeous! That would really make a lovely Holiday Gift and I am sure they are just as delicious! Well done!

Rena said...

Yum! I love cranberries and they sound perfect for shortbread. Enjoy!

Vittle me this... said...

sounds great for this season!

Jen said...

yum!

Colleen said...

Those sound scrumptious!!

pfeffernc said...

Yum, looks good. I am sure the "holiday smell" was well worth it! I need to get baking.

Danielle said...

Those look really good! I had no idea that you bake them that way. Thanks for the recipe.